Position Title: Panel Installer-Skirting
The employee in this position is responsible for duties as assigned. The main duties for this position include installing panels to the outside of the spa which gives the exterior characteristic to the spa. The individual is responsible for other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school education or GED equivalent preferred but not required, with some maintenance experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
The main job duties involved with the installing the correct panels to the spa.
- Selecting Panel – Employee must look at the work order and see which model spa he or she is working on. The employee must carry the correct color of panels to his or her work station.
- Installation of Panels –Install the panels on the spa by placing them in the ready position. Lifting the panel up and installing them on the spa.
- Fastening Panels –Attach panels to the spa frame using an impact screw gun installing 2” screws. There are 40 screws placed in one set of panels.
- Corner Installation – The corners have to be measured, then cut on the table as required to fit the unit. A pin nailer is used to attach the corner to the frame.
- Trim Strip Installation – Employee measures the length needed then cuts on the miter saw. After the length is reached holes need to be applied by using a drill for countersinking. Strips are attached using a drill and screws.
This position requires Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn as required:
- Safety Glasses with side shields
- Safety Shoes
- Hearing Protection depending on tools used
- Utility gloves as needed
This job includes constant standing and walking for 10 hours per day with an exception of a 30-minute lunch period and two 15-minute breaks.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Knowledge with scanning tickets, ability to use light hand tools for assembly of spa parts.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos, ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one setting to customers and fellow employees.
TRAINING TO BE PROVIDED:
Employees to attend as required any routine safety and other company training that is deemed necessary for this position.
Typically: Tuesday – Friday (Days), Monday-Thursday (Nights)
Hours: 10 hours per day (4-day work week)
Breaks: 2- 15 minutes
Lunch: 30 minutes
- Inclement weather conditions – heat and cold
- Application chemicals and/or cleaning chemicals (Alcohol 99%)