Position Title: Panel Assembly-Skirting
The employee in this position is responsible for duties as assigned. The main duties for this position include building panels for the spas using tools such as a pneumatic staple gun, glue gun and chop saw. The individual is responsible for other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school education or GED equivalent preferred but not required, with some maintenance experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
The main job duties involved with the Panel builder:
- Request material by size of the panel to be built
- Stage slat material in the panel assembly area
- Pull stat material from pallet and place onto assembly table
- Fit the 6” wide slats tongue into groove on the assembly table. Tap into place with a rubber hammer if necessary
- Build 1 to 10 panels at a time by stacking the material at different heights according to preference
- Cut backing plywood strips to length using a chop saw
- Align plywood strips on the panel using adhesive and staple the strips using pneumatic staple gun
- Rotate the plywood strip 180 degrees placing the adhesive side down one strip at a time. Secure in place by installing a staple every 2 inches and 2-3 on each end
- Repeat task for the remaining 2 plywood strips
- The center strip use scrap or fall off from plywood strips that were previously cut those require no cutting
- Inspect the panel assembly, initial the plywood strip, and store in the panel rack
This position requires Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn as required:
- Safety Glasses with side shields
- Hearing protection
- Utility gloves
This job includes constant standing and walking for 10 hours per day with an exception of a 30-minute lunch period and two 15-minute breaks.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Computer knowledge with scanning tickets, ability to use light hand tools assembly of spa parts and minimum wiring capabilities.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos, ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one setting to customers and fellow employees.
TRAINING TO BE PROVIDED:
Employees to attend as required any routine safety and other company training that is deemed necessary for this position.